Evangelisation Brisbane offers support to parishes and deaneries in the planning, preparation and resourcing for the sacraments of initiation for children in accord with the newly revised sacramental policy.
For initiation of young people aged 9-16 years see crossroadsRCIA
Selected web-based resources focused on the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist and Penance can be found on the Flame of Faith website at: www.flameoffaith.org.au.
Sacramental Resources available to purchase:
These resources are designed to support children and their families in their preparation for the Sacraments of Initiation as they journey from Baptism to Confirmation and Eucharist.
All books in this series cost $2.50 each (ex GST) and can be purchased on our online store
- My Baptism Memory Book – (20 pages) for parents, grand-parents, godparents, parishioners, or friends of an infant to recall the day of Baptism and is intended to be completed post-Baptism. It makes an ideal keepsake for children. This could also be given to school aged children in addition to the my sacramental journey: Baptism book.
- The Story of My Baptism – (20 pages) To be used with young children and their families as they prepare for the Sacrament of Baptism.
- my sacramental journey: Baptism – (16 pages) For school aged children who are preparing for Baptism and then will join in the parish sacramental processes for the preparation and celebration of Confirmation and Eucharist. The book uses scripture, prayer and family fun activities to explore Jesus, their church community, and their Baptism.
- my sacramental journey: Confirmation – (16 pages) Designed for children and their families as they prepare for the Sacrament of Confirmation. The book takes the children on a journey from their Baptism to their Confirmation using scripture, prayer and family fun activities.
- my sacramental journey: Confirmation to Eucharist – (12 pages) Designed for children to use on the journey between the Sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist as they share their gifts of the Holy Spirit with their family, parish, school and community.
- my sacramental journey: Eucharist – (20 pages) Designed for children and their families as they prepare for the Sacrament of Eucharist. The book takes the children on the final part of their journey to full initiation in the Catholic Church exploring scripture, prayer, the Mass, and family fun activities.
- my sacramental journey: Eucharist to Penance – (12 pages) Designed for children to use on the journey between the Sacraments of Eucharist and Penance as they live the Eucharist in their family, parish, school and community.
- my sacramental journey: Penance Passport – (16 pages) Designed for children as they prepare for the Sacrament of Penance – First Rite for Reconciliation. The passport guides children using scripture, prayer, and journaling, and offers a call to action as they develop their understanding of forgiveness. To accompany the Penance Passport there are 2 downloadable booklets (Parish Guide & Parent Guide) designed for parish sacramental teams and parents to guide children in their preparation for the Sacrament of Penance – First Rite for Reconciliation.
If you would like to discuss these or if you have any questions about the sacramental support we can offer, please contact us.