Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
The RCIA has been the liturgical process for adults to be initiated (those who are unbaptised), or received into the Catholic Church (for those who are already baptised as Christians), since 1980.
Liturgy Brisbane and Evangelisation Brisbane assist parishes with implementing the rite through formation and providing resources. The Archdiocesan Catechumenate Committee coordinates and plans major diocesan events.
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults – Published by St Pauls Publications.
The resources below are available from the Evangelisation Brisbane online store:
- At Home with God’s People – NEW REVISION
- Lenten programs – During the season of Lent, the second last period of the RCIA, Lenten discussion resources provide a useful tool for RCIA groups to focus on the Lenten Gospels.
- Initiation of Children – Flame of Faith
- Initiation of Young People (9-16years) – CrossroadsRCIA
There is further information on becoming a Catholic on the Archdiocesan website
There is a national body for the RCIA, Christian Initiation Australia Network (CIAN) which organises bi-annual national conferences, supports state conferences, maintains a website and publishes an eNews, Network News, four times a year: http://www.cianetwork.net/
The website provides ‘back issues’ of Network News and practical information for any parish.
In every alternative year to the national conference there is a state conference.
Below are videos of the presentations from the last conference: