The Youth Evangelisation Office
Youth evangelisation is a priority in the Archdiocese of Brisbane’s mission. The Youth Evangelisation Office exists to support the many diverse youth initiatives that are on offer in the Archdiocese of Brisbane. The Youth Evangelisation Office commenced in May 2015 after the launch of the 2014 Youth Evangelisation Report which was the result of 12 months of interviewing many stakeholders in youth ministry across the Archdiocese of Brisbane.
Vision of the Youth Evangelisation Office
The vision of the Youth Evangelisation Office is to support youth leaders:
- To present the Church in a relevant way to young people and give them a place to belong
- To provide opportunities for young people to encounter the person of Jesus Christ
- To create missionary disciples
Key projects of the Youth Evangelisation Office:
The Catholic Collective
The Catholic Collective is not another ministry, but rather a collective of the many diverse Catholic youth initiatives in the Archdiocese of Brisbane who evangelise and support young people. With over 90 youth initiatives, these include parish and community youth groups, young adult groups, movements, tertiary ministries, social justice opportunities, religious order youth ministries, as well as other faith communities and events.
The Catholic Collective is for high schoolers and young adults (18-30), particularly those who are not currently engaged with the Church. The Catholic Collective provides a platform to connect young people in the Archdiocese of Brisbane with a youth initiative that’s right for them.
School Leavers Website
At the end of the school year, the graduating year 12 student of Catholic high schools in the Archdiocese of Brisbane receive a letter from Archbishop Mark Coleridge. This letter congratulates them on finishing their time at school, and encourages them to stay connected with the wider Catholic Church after school. They are directed to the school leavers website, which shows all of the Catholic youth initiatives that are on offer for them in the Archdiocese. View the website here: http://www.schoolleavers.org.au/
Parish Support Officers
Our Parish Support and Projects Officer, Steven Bird, brings with him a wealth of youth ministry experience and wisdom having worked in parish youth ministry and as a campus minister for many years. Steven supports parishes of the Archdiocese of Brisbane in the area of youth ministry.
Here are just a few ways Steven may be able to support your parish:
- Training youth leaders and youth coordinators
- Advice on resources available to support youth ministry (e.g. programs, speakers, musicians, etc.)
- Facilitation of strategic planning meetings for a youth ministry team/parish stakeholders
- Meeting with parishes interested in starting a youth ministry
- Information on opportunities for collaboration with others in the Archdiocese
- Support to current youth leaders in the day-to-day operations of their youth initiative
- Providing policy support to parish youth ministries to ensure they are up-to-date on the latest Archdiocesan policies
If you would like to discuss any of the above items or another question related to youth ministry:
- Steven can be reached on 0421 884 786 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Youth Reports
The Youth Evangelisation Office actively supports and promotes all Catholic youth initiatives across the Archdiocese. Below are the Annual Youth Reports from previous years provided by a number of these Catholic youth initiatives:
- Annual Youth Report 2018
- Annual Youth Report 2017
- Annual Youth Report 2016
- Annual Youth Report 2015
- Annual Youth Report 2014
Anointed and Sent
Anointed and Sent is a common vision of the Australian Catholic Bishops for animating and nurturing the spiritual life of young people. It provides a vision for ministry with young people aged 12-30 in the Australian Catholic Church.
Anointed and Sent focuses on “Why?” we engage in ministry with young people more than “How?”, offering a context for existing youth ministries and a rationale for establishing new ones. It offers a comprehensive vision for the holistic development of maturing disciples.
For the full document please click here
Click here to contact the Youth Evangelisation Office.