An area of support provided by Evangelisation Brisbane is Multicultural Pastoral Care. The Centre for Multicultural Pastoral Care responds to the needs and concerns of migrants, refugees, refugee claimants and people on the move. It helps to coordinate in the action of multicultural pastoral care within parishes and other Church organisations.
The support offered in the area of Multicultural Pastoral Care includes:
- Assisting parishes, schools and Church agencies to ensure culturally sensitive responses to migrants, refugees, refugee claimants and people on the move
- Providing education in cultural and cross-cultural studies
- Providing referrals and information for migrants, refugees, refugee claimants and people on the move
- Assisting and supporting Catholic Ethnic Communities, their chaplains and pastoral leaders
- Liaising with ethnic chaplains
- Liaising with state, national and international Catholic Immigration Offices
- Raising awareness of the realities of multiculturalism and the significance of an emerging multicultural Church
- Liaising with government agencies on multicultural issues
- Working in partnership with government and non-government agencies to provide effective advice, consultancy and services to migrants, refugees, refugee claimants and people on the move
Please contact us, if you would like to speak with us more about multicultural pastoral care.
Sign up to receive our regular e-newsletter and other notices – What’s Up
- Latest issue of What’s Up? Newsletter
Date Claimer: Archdiocesan Multicultural Mass – Sunday 26 August 2018 (2:30pm) Cathedral of St Stephen