Evangelisation Brisbane promotes a wide range of Adult Faith Formation initiatives and resources generated both locally and globally because ‘the first proclamation of the Gospel calls for ongoing formation and maturation’ and that ‘all of us need to grow in Christ’ (The Joy of the Gospel n160).
- Living Biblically in a Secular World – A formation series presented by Archbishop Mark Coleridge DSS. Drawing on his biblical scholarship, Archbishop Mark demonstrates the capacity of God’s word to speak into contemporary issues and its power to transform our lives. The 7 x 50 min. presentations from 2015 and 2016 are available for download in both audio and video formats.
- The Vine e-newsletter is a bi-monthly publication that promotes local and national adult faith seminars and conferences as well as a selection of online and print resources.
- Resources for Adult Learning and Small Groups are available for free on this website or at reasonable cost through the online shop. Free downloadable resources include:
- Becoming Easter People (free download – 2 booklets)
- Building Communion with God & Others through Small Groups (free download – book)
- God’s Love Poured Out (free download – 2 books)
- Joy Filled Good News – by Fr John Chalmers (free audio MP3 and PDF downloads)
- Living Lent (free download – booklet)
- Parish Pastoral Council Handbook – 3rd edition (free download – by chapters)
- The Mind & Message of Mark – by Fr Bill O’Shea (free download – book)
- The Team Book (free download – book)
Adult Faith Formation – Video/Audio Links:
Fr James Mallon Recordings:
On Saturday 19th of November over 340 people filled the Siena Centre at San Sisto College to hear Fr James Mallon speak about practical ways that Catholics can take up Pope Francis’ call to be ‘missionary disciples’. Many of the participants had already read Fr James’ book, Divine Renovation – from a Maintenance to a Missional Church, and were eager to hear him develop the ideas in the book further. There are links to each session from the day, including a panel in the afternoon.
- Session 1: What does it look like to be a missionary parish community? Remembering our Identity and Purpose – Video – Audio
- Session 2A: What is needed to transform the culture of the Parish? – Video – Audio
- Session 2B: Naming the 10 building blocks – Video – Audio
- Session 3: Becoming an Inviting Church? What tools can be used to make this happen? – Video – Audio
- Session 4: Forum – So What? (Vanessa Sullivan, Fr Jason Middleton PP and Stephanie Unger) – Video – Audio
Fr Stephen Bevans SVD:
Fr Stephen is a renowned teacher, author and theologian. He is Professor Emeritus at Catholic Theological Union. He has given keynote presentations and seminars around the world. Below are links to just a few of these:
- Dreaming of a ‘Missionary Option’ (33 mins): Fr Bevans reflects on key themes in The Joy of the Gospel and asks ‘What does it mean for mission?’
- Vatican II and the Church’s Mission (56 mins): This is one of a number of excellent videos on the website of the Catholic Theological Union in Chicago. For other videos: http://learn.ctu.edu/
- A God of Mercy, A People of Mercy – Part 1 (58 mins), A God of Mercy, A People of Mercy – Part 2 (36 mins):
In these two talks he explores contemporary issues for the Church and our Christian mission to the world through the lens of mercy.